We distinguish between common nouns and proper nouns.
A Proper noun makes reference to particular place, person or object and they are always written with Capital Letter.
We write with Capital Letter:
- Names of persons/animals: Sarah, Floopy
- Cities and Countries: Alicante, Spain
- Days of the week and months of the year: Tuesday, November
- Languages and nationalities: English, Japanese
- Names of streets: Av. Paises Escandinavos.
There are others but for the moment work with these ones.
Enjoy these videos:
That's a noun. Song
Nouns: Common and Proper
Common and Proper Nouns.